- Lightweight and Portable
- Stitches: 57
- Weight: 11.4 lbs
- Needle threading: automatic
- Buttonhole: 4 Step
Singer has been a known and trustworthy brand in the sewing machine game.
The Singer 1234 portable sewing machine definitely takes the cake at being an inexpensive sewing machine that works wonderfully.
The biggest eye-catcher about this machine is that it is light and portable, which is seemingly a very attractive feature for modern seamstresses.
In order to keep their young customers hooked, the brand also offers vinyl stickers in the package so that this inexpensive sewing machines can be customized according to one’s liking.
However, sewing multiple layers of such hard fabric may be a problem.
Singer 1234 Portable Sewing Machine Features
The body of the machine is made from heavy-duty metal and thus helps in holding all parts in alignment at all times, and ensuring skip-free stitches.
This machine comes with six basic stitch settings which are printed on the machine for better understanding and quick accessibility.
An all-purpose foot, a zipper foot, and a buttonhole foot are included so that the machine can perform multiple and versatile tasks.
There is a built-in reverse stitch switch, making it all the more accessible.
Priced at $126 approximately, this is definitely an inexpensive sewing machine capable of doing great stuff!
•The machine is sturdy and can sew hard fabrics.
• The machine comes with Vinyl stickers and is customizable.
•The machine comes with multiple accessories.
•It is not capable of handling layers of hard fabric.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Having a Sewing Machine.
Now that we have most bases covered, why not take the opportunity to point out the advantages and disadvantages of having a sewing machine as well? Let’s look at all the advantages and disadvantages of sewing machines.
- Is faster and less time consuming than hand stitching.
- One can redesign old clothes into brand new with the help of sewing machines.
- It is more cost-effective than going to a tailor or buying clothes from the market.
- The end product is uniquely your creation.
- Sewing can very well be a good startup with the assistance of a machine.
- Gives you more options for designs and stitches, without really having to learn them.
- Saves one from cuts and pricks of needles, hence it is safer.
- Altering and Modifying garments is a lot easier.
- The measurements and distances are usually more accurate when done by a machine.
- The gifts made by sewing machines are more presentable and pretty.
- A person will not truly learn to stitch if they begin using machines.
- It is not as therapeutic as stitching by hand is.
- Articles made by hand carry more emotional value and thought.
- It is a bad investment to buy a sewing machine for occasional easy stitching needs.
- Once the damage is done, it is pretty tough to undo that damage.
- The size and weight of a sewing machine might not be suitable for you or where you live.
- Learning how to use a sewing machine perfectly takes a lot of patience.
- It is not safe to have a sewing machine around children or pets, for they might get hurt by gobbling up a needle or getting pierced by it.